Friday, March 21, 2008

So Now Then...

But seriously, what is this all about? An opportunity? A blunder? Another chance to write a check my butt can't cash?

As a person for whom discipline is occasionally a challenge, I hope to make posting on this baby something of a regular occurrence. That being said, I've designed the experiment in such a way that I can get away with completely dropping the ball and have nobody's judgment but my own to face up to.

My intention is to introduce various materials, self-generated or referential to other internet phenomena, gradually over time. It may start with random musings about the US economy's impending collapse.

It may be political in nature.

It may involve gastronomy. It may involve astronomy.

More likely, it will involve films, filmmaking, and my uniquely narrow and often self-contradictory (not to mention long-winded) views on those subjects.

In addition to film, it will involve other kinds of "motion media." (Like TV, and Internet-based video.)

Music may come up from time to time.

I hope to post photos as well.

It's by me, for me, and will exist, I suppose, as long as it is in some way useful to me. If other people become part of it, that will be the icing on the cake (and as we all know, sometimes it's the icing that makes the whole thing float).

The point is, I expect this thing to take shape as it grows, and to suppress, to the best of my ability, any excessive judgment or other impulses of control. I don't know if this is the beginning of a major enterprise, or of a casual diversion, or of a constructive habit.

As I've heard on more than one occasion, the Internet is Big. Here's me testing the waters.

No comments: